What Causes Black Screen on Windows 10?
How to Fix Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor
- Disconnect your PC from the Network connection source such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters.
- Disconnect all Peripherals such as external storage, printer, game controller, network cables etc. connected to the PC if any.
- Shut down your PC by holding down the power button and in the case of a Laptop, remove the battery.
- After some minutes or an hour, reboot your PC.
To do this,
- Simultaneously hold down the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys.
These three keys will give you access to the Task Manager.
- Navigate to 'Processes' and 'Services' Tabs, then look for RunOnce32.exe or RunOnce.exe
- Cancel or stop any running instances of RunOnce32.exe or RunOnce.exe in both tabs.
- Click on 'File' menu
- Select 'Run new task', and
- At the command prompt, type shutdown -t00 -r and then select 'Ok' to restart your PC.
- Simultaneously click on the Windows and C keys to boot the computer in Safe Mode.
- Next, click on 'Change PC Settings'
- Click on 'Update and Recovery'
- Select 'Windows Update'
- Also, select 'Check for updates'
- Then 'View details'
- Finally, click on 'Install updates' via the option menu
- Create a bootable disk by downloading and burning a Windows 10 Installation media to a bootable storage media such as a USB or CD/DVD.
- Insert the device into your computer, then reboot the system using the Windows Installation media.
- Choose the option 'Repair This Computer' on inquiry.
- Exit and Continue to Windows 10,
- Troubleshoot the system and,
- Shut down.
- Select 'Advanced Options'
- Click on 'Startup Settings'
- Then select 'Restart' to gain access to system functions
- After the system has rebooted, use the F5 key to Enable Safe mode with Networking or click on 'Enable Safe Mode with Networking'.
- Next, Sign into your PC and do any of the following.
- Use the Windows + X keys combination to access the Device Manager.
- Click on the drop-down menu for Display Adapter,
- Right click on it and select 'Disable' or 'Uninstall'.