What is an Android Video Player?
Benefits of Android Video Players
- They play video formats such as AVI that may not be supported by the default app player on your phone.
- Some even go as far as encrypting and hiding videos on your phone, to make your device as private as possible.
- They have features that allow you share your videos to social networks like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Twitter.
- Ability to stream YouTube videos/watch HD videos online on Android.
- You can create/edit your own videos via their video making tools.
- You can reduce or increase the resolution of a video right from your phone.
- You can also compress the size of videos on your phone to efficiently manage memory space.
Best HD Players for Android 2018
1. MX Player
- It can play HD videos on Android.
- It supports online streaming of videos.
- Users have the ability to pan, zoom in and zoom out on videos.
- Adjustable screen brightness to meet one's eye and surroundings with just a swipe.
- Ability to Increase or reduce the volume of the videos being played directly from the app without using the devices volume buttons.
- It has support for subtitles files in the formats DVD, DVB, and SSA/ASS, which will be most helpful in translating movies from foreign languages to yours.
- A secret vault to keep your private videos hidden, thereby preventing unauthorized access.
2. VLC for Android
- Onscreen control keys and lock option.
- Onscreen controls to adjust the brightness of the screen depending on one's environment.
- Support for auto-rotation and aspect-ratio adjustments.
- Codec installation is not required for video playbacks.
- Equalizer and filters to enhance audio quality.
- Video playback for online and offline viewing.
- HD and other video formats are supported.
- Multiple subtitles and multiple audio tracks.
- Videos streaming through HTTP, RTSP protocols
- Managing all media files in one location for easier access.
- With the use of a floating Window, you can use the app and carry out several other tasks simultaneously.
4. Video Player HD
The display quality is good, so is the sound quality since it makes use of a 10-band equalizer which includes Treble, Pop, Jazz, Rock, and Bass.
- Adjustable screen brightness and volume.
- Adjustable playback speed to either very fast or slow.
- Locking the screen after a while with its sleep timer feature.
- Streaming of videos online.
- Compatible with Android 6.0 Marshmallow or higher versions.
- Video playback in HD, MKV, MTS, M2TS, AVC and FLV formats.
- Play videos in uncompressed RAR files.
- Stream online videos.
- USB OTG support.
- Child lock to maintain some degree of privacy and parental control.
- Automatically search online and download subtitle files for a particular video.
6. Dice player
- A library to manage your media files.
- Supports videos with multiple Audio tracks.
- Gestures to control brightness, volume and screen ratio
- Supports all Video and Subtitles formats,
- Multitasking capabilities with its movable pop up window.
7. KMPlayer (Mirror Mode, HD)
- Video playback control speed.
- Supports all subtitle formats (SRT, ASS, SSA, SUB, RT).
- Gestures to increase and reduce the volume, and also skip, play and stop videos.
- Library management for media files.
- Window viewing of videos to enhance multitasking.
- Subtitle support in SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI, etc. formats.
- Responsive controls to increase/reduce the brightness of the screen.
- Save bookmarks in your videos.
9. Archos Video Player (Free)
- A private video watching mode without saving the history.
- The ability for users to manually adjust subtitles synchronization.
- The ability for users to manually adjust audio/video synchronization.
- 3D support with side-by-side and top-bottom playback modes for 3D TVs.
- Increase in audio quality for poorly encoded files.
- Night mode to control the audio level.
- Supports most of the video extensions like MKV, AVI, mp4, etc.
- Supports the Google Chromecast dongle to stream videos your phone.
- Streams online videos.
- Supports ARMv5 and ARMv6.