Use HTML Templates In Blogger Blogs
Usually, blogger allows only xml templates, this blogger tip will enable you to use HTML templates on your blogger blog. To do this,
- From your blogger dashboard,
- Goto Template.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then select Revert to classic templates.
- Select revert to classic template
- Copy and paste your HTML codes for the template in the space provided.
- Finally, save.
How to Add Custom Robots Header Tags in Blogger
Setting up custom robots header tags is an on page search engine optimization strategy that can influence your site's traffic and its ranking in search engines. You get to specify the parts of your blogger blog which web crawlers can crawl and index. To do this, check out this post on how to add custom robots header tags in blogger blogs.
How to Lock/Unlock Blogger widgets
- From your blogger dashboard,
- Navigate to layout
- Click Edit on the blogger widget which you want to lock/unlock.
- In the address bar, copy the widget's ID as shown in the image below.
- Next, goto your blogger template.
- Click on Edit HTML
- Using CTRL + F keys, search for the widget ID which you copied or click on Jump to Widget, then select the widget.
- replace the field lock='true' with lock='false'
- replace lock='false' with lock='true'
How to Show Ads and Gadgets In Blogger Mobile Version
How to Create HTML Sitemap Page in Blogger
Help your blog readers navigate easily through your blog, and view all its content in one place by including an HTML sitemap page. This sitemap page categorizes all the post on your blog depending on their labels. There is interlinking of one post to the other, which is an effective on page search engine optimization technique. Check out this post on how to create an HTML sitemap page in blogger blogs.
Enable Meta Search Description For Each Blogger Post
Meta descriptions can increase a blog's visibility in search engines, click through rate and make it rank higher in search engine result pages. For each blogger post, you can add a short keyword rich description of 155 characters that summarizes the content of your post. To know more about search description and how to add them in each blogger post/page, check out this post on how to add search description in blogger posts.
How to Centralise Blogger Title and Description
Turn Off Comments for Individual Blogger Post
Here, you can decide to turn off comments on specific posts on your blog. Your site's visitor on viewing these posts will not see the comment form. This can help reduce spam on your blog. To turn off comments for certain posts on your blog, follow the steps below.
To hide comments on new blogger posts,
- Click on the new post icon to create a post
- Goto Posts,
- Select 'Edit' on the post that you'll like to hide comments or the comment form.
- In the right tab post settings , click on Options
- Under the reader comments, Select either 'Don't allow, show existing' or 'Don't allow, hide existing'
How to Add Read More Attribution Links to Copied Text in Blogger
How to Disable Right Click On Blogger - Stop Copy Paste
This blogger tip/trick will enable you to disallow people from copying your blog's content. Any right click on mouse or selecting on posts will not be functional. Search engines like Google penalizes for duplicate content. You wouldn't want to get penalized because someone else decided to steal your content or their blog ranking higher in search engines than yours with your own content . So, see this post on how to disable right click on blogger.
Automatically Open all External Links in a New Window On Blogger
How to Nofollow All External Links Automatically in Blogger
How to Hide Specific Blogger Posts From Homepage
To hide specific posts from blogger homepage/static/archive pages, then this blogger trick will help you out. Irrelevant post can hidden from your blog's homepage even though they've not been deleted. To do this, visit this post on how to hide certain posts from blogger homepage.
How to Add CommentLuv Plugin On Blogger Blogs
The commentluv plugin on a website increases the number of comments on posts on the website. Since those who comment are rewarded with a backlink to their blog, this encourages your blog readers to drop meaningful comments. More comments on your blog means it is popular and has authorithy. Here's how to add commentluv plugin in blogger blogs.
With the blogger tips and tricks listed above, not only can you blog better, you can also make your blog look better.