Unlike the popular post widget that only displays the most viewed post, this blogger widget uses the criteria of displaying a list of most commented posts in a blog. Other than increasing your blog's pageviews, the most commented post widget in blogger blogs can reduce the blog's bounce rate. Follow the steps below to add one of the best blogger widgets 2017 in your blog.
How to Add Most Commented Posts Widget In Blogger Blogs
- Navigate to your blogger template
- Click on 'edit HTML'
- Using Ctrl + F keys, search for one of these tags
- Copy this code and paste 'below' one of the tags above
- Next, search for this tag ]]></b:skin>
- Copy the code below and paste 'above' ]]></b:skin>
- Save your template.
- From your blogger dashboard,
- Navigate to 'layout'.
- Click on 'add a gadget'
- Two codes are provided below. One displays the most commented post with thumbnails, while the other displays it without thumbnails. Copy any of your choice and paste in the text field.
Most Commented Posts Widget For Blogger With Thumbnail
Most Commented Posts Widget For Blogger Without Thumbnails
You can customise the widget by editing the following fields:
- Change the highlighted text 'YOURURL' with your website's address.
- To display the phrase 'comments' after the number of comments, replace
<div class="comment-count">' + postComments + "</div>
in the code with
<div class="comment-count">' + postComments + " comments" + "</div>"
- Change the number of comments to be displayed by changing 5 in &NumberofPosts=5 to your desired number of post.
- Save the widget.
- Goto your 'template'.
- Click On 'Customise'.
- Select 'Advanced'.
- Click on 'most commented'.
- Select your desired colour for each background.
- Click on 'Apply to blog'.
Following the steps above, you should be able to add the most commented posts widget in your blog