Not everyone who copies part or all of your blog's content refers to your blog as the source.
Some ignore doing this intentionally in order not to give you a backlink or referral traffic, while others are done unintentionally.
Whichever is the case, you deserve to always get credit for your work especially now that plagiarism is on the rise in blogging.
How does the Read More Attribution Widget Work?
Adding a read more attribution link or copyright to every copied text on blogger automatically includes credit links to the original source of the content.
This means that each time someone copies part or all of the content from your blog and pastes it into an email, social network, or in a blog post, the link to your blog post will be attached to the post.
On visiting most blogs, you'll notice that the read more attribution has been implemented because it has several benefits
- It improves a blog's rank in search engines because it helps in building backlinks to the site that has been referenced.
- With this script, you're assured of getting meaningful traffic to your blog since the page URL is inserted into the shared or copied content, enabling users to click through to view the full content on your site.
- Making sure that every post copied from your blog has a link pointing to your site ensures you get credit for your content.
Also Read: How to Add HTML Parse Tool To Blogger
How to Add 'Search Description' On Blogger
Who Should Use The Read More Attribution Links?
This read more attribution links blogger widget is limited to those who don't include codes in their blog post that have to be copied by their readers, that is, non-tutorial blogs.
For blogs that have programming codes, blogger gadgets and widgets codes and so on, it is not advisable to implement this.
This is because of the errors your readers might encounter while running the codes since your link has been added to it.
The best solution would be to disable right clicking of part of your content to disallow copy and paste.
Below are the guidelines on how you can get a link back to all the post copied from your blog.
How to Add a Source Link or Copyright In Blogger
- From your blogger dashboard, go to 'Template'.
- Click on 'Edit html'.
- Click on your template, using ctrl+f keys search for </head>.
- Copy this code and paste 'above' the </head> tag.
- Save your template.
And now, you've successfully added a read more attribution link to any post that is copied from your blog.