One of the advantages of opening external links in a new window is that it increases a blog's pageviews. Without opening external links in a new window, readers can leave your blog without reading the post completely or viewing any other post on your blog because they clicked on an external link. This can increase your blog's bounce rate. With this blogging tip/trick, all internal links will be opened in the same window while external links on your blog will be opened in new windows. The script below finds external hostnames and inserts into the html a target attribute which opens the link in a new window.
Also Read: How To Embed PDF, DOC, XLS And PPT Files In Blogger
How to Disable Right Click On Blogger - Stop Copy Paste
Add Read More Attribution Links to Copied Text in Blogger
How to Automatically Open all External Links in a New Window On Blogger
1. From your blogger dashboard, click on template, select edit html
2. Click inside your template, Using ctrl+f keys, search for </head>
3. Copy the jQuery code below and paste above </head> (only for those who don't have it in their template. Skip to (4) if you already have this Jquery code)
Also Read: How to Make Your Blog Post SEO Friendly
Allow Search Engines to Index Your Blog Fast
4. Copy the script below and paste directly above </head>
5. Save your template. Click on any external link on your blog and it'll open in a new window.