Why do I Need a Third Party Download Manager
- The stock Download Manager pre-installed on your Android has its limitations.
- A brief loss of internet connection can stop a download and this doesn't go down well especially when the file size is hundreds of megabyte.
- These third-party free Download Managers for Android have faster download speeds because some use multiple connections during downloads to speed up the process.
- Download Managers also support most file extensions such as APK, RAR, ZIP, MP3, DOC, TXT, PPT, XLS.
Free Download Manager for Android
1. Download Manager for Android
- A downloads progress bar with a speed indicator to allow you to note the rate of your downloads.
- Background downloading on your smartphone even when the app is inaccessible.
- Resumes paused or broken downloads that may have been caused by the phone rebooting or exhausted internet data.
- Supports download for large files even ones as large as 2GB.
- Its ability to play songs in .aac, .mp3, and .m4a formats, even when the screen is locked.
- It can play videos in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov formats and arrange them into a playlists
2. Advanced Download Manager
- Download progress and speed notification bar with in-app sound and vibration.
- Inbuilt web browser with support for several tabs.
- Bookmarking features enabling users to save pages of interest for future reference.
- Control options such as a long press to access a downloaded file to launch it, and long press on a hyperlink to either share or save it.
3. Downloader & Private Browser
4. Download Accelerator Plus
- A web browser that supports multiple tab openings, and bookmarks.
- Gives the ability to download a file from QR code scanning.
- Allows the user to set the maximum speed for downloads.
- Progress status to show the download progress for active files.
5. GetThemAll Any File Downloader
- Ability to continue downloads in the device's background.
- A file manager to allow you access completed downloads and launch them.
- Support for file transfer of downloaded files from your Android to Google Drive and Yandex Disc.
- Wi-Fi connection and file transfer between your Phone and PC.
6. Loader Droid Download Manager
- It has an inbuilt web browser to enable you to surf the net.
- It allows selection of storage location for downloaded files such as on the SD card.
- It allows the user to manually configure the connection to be used for download, either 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi.
7. Download Manager
- Downloading of multiple files in in parts to speed up the download process.
- The user can set the buffer size to improve the frequency of downloads.
- Provides a smooth download even for files as large as 2GB.
- An optional notification status bard to get you notified of your downloads progress.
- It offers support for languages such as English, French, Spanish, etc.
- Supports Android operating versions such as Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat.
8. Fast Download Manager
9. CM Browser
- It has the ability to detect downloadable videos on a webpage and notify the user about it.
- It prevents malicious attacks that may occur due to suspicious link clicks, malware, phishing etc.
- It scans every downloaded file for malware threats such as viruses, trojan horses, worms, etc.
- It has support for over 40 languages which can be credited to Google Translation engine incorporated into the app.
10. IDM Download Manager
- Video and Audio playing capabilities with repeat and shuffle options
- Ability to display album artwork embedded in .mp3