Submit Site to Search EnginesA post on how to submit your website/sitemap to Bing Webmaster Tools. After carrying out on page and off page search engine optimization techniques, another step that is required to promote your site is, submission of its pages to search engines for organic traffic. Other than popular sources of traffic like social networks, adverts, forums etc, the amount of free targeted traffic from search engines to a site makes it necessary for one to give more preference to them and allow them to crawl and index their site's pages.
Also Read: How to Use Google Webmaster Tools For SEO
Remove Old or Deleted Information From Google Index
Google SEO Ranking Factors
Previously, i shared a post on how to submit and verify blogger blogs in Google webmaster tools, and here, you'll get to know how you can use the search engine Bing to get traffic to your site. Ranking high on Bing's search result pages is easier when compared with Google, hence, another source of getting meaningful traffic to your site. Before your site can be indexed by Bing, you have to submit it to Bing Webmaster tools. This will include your site's pages in its search results.
How to Submit Website to Bing
To make sure your content gets seen in Bing search results, follow the steps below.
- Goto Bing Webmaster tools
- Sign in using your Microsoft Account (If you don't have one, follow this link to create)
- Enter you site's URL i the field specified.
- Click on 'Add'
- On the new page, include your sitemap URL
- Enter your site's URL in the space provided,
- Click on 'Generate'
- Copy the generated URL for the sitemap and paste on the required field on Bing
- Click on 'Add'.
Next, you'll verify you're the owner of the site you're submitting to Bing. To verify website on bing for blogger blogs, follow the steps below.
- Use the option 2 which is the meta tag method
- Copy the meta tag.
- Goto your Blogger template
- Click on 'Edit HTML'
- Using CTRL+F keys, search for the tag <head>
- Paste the validation code you copied on Bing below <head>
- Save your template.
- Return to Bing
- Scroll down and click on 'Verify'