Also Read: Showing Post Title Before Blog Title In Search Results
How to Add Custom Robots Header Tags In Blogger
How to Create HTML Sitemap In Blogger
On Page SEO Best Practices For 2016
1. Use Keywords in Post TitleMaking use of relevant keywords in your post title is another on page SEO technique. Instead of writing your post titles as it best suites you, try to incorporate keywords into them. You can use keyword research tools to find the most suitable keywords, or goto google and type the post title. While typing, you will get top searches related to that post. You'll probably want to use one of those than the one you came up with. The post title should not be too long, and ensure you remove stop words like "to" from them.
2. Adding Keywords in Post URLInstead of generating your post automatically URLs, manually append them by adding your keywords. Any irrelevant word should be excluded. This way, your posts will rank higher in search engines. On blogger, In the post editor section, going to the permalink tab, options to choose automatic or custom permalinks are given. Select the custom permalink, then add your chosen keywords as the post URL. Do this in a way that still makes the post URL sensible if read out loud.
3. Meta TagsUse keywords in meta Title, meta description and meta keywords in the post. This on page seo practice has the ability to influence rankings and with it users decide if the post should be clicked on or not. Your page title and meta description are pulled to form the snippet that appears whenever your pages appear in search engine results, the content you include in these areas can play a major role in attracting visitors to your site. Your meta tags should include the following characters limit:
- Page title – 65 to 70 characters
- Meta description – 155 characters
- Meta keywords – Not more than 10 keyword phrases
4. Avoid keyword StuffingKeywords stuffing is the over use of keywords repeatedly in a blog post or the same phrases so often that it sounds unnatural. A post written in this format is an example.
" We sell custom cigar humidors. Our custom cigar humidors are handmade. If you’re thinking of buying a custom cigar humidor, please contact our custom cigar humidor specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org."
Google can penalize your blog for keyword stuffing. Even your readers will be tired of seeing the same phrase over and over again which give little or no meaning to the post. Most SEO experts recommend using keywords after every 100 words in your post, usually at the beginning of the post, starting paragraphs and at the end of the post.
5. Proper USE of Header TagsMaking use of header tags not only breaks the post into categories but is an effective on page optimization technique. Posts/pages in your blog should have one H1 tag and several H2 tags. These tags should not all have the exact format, you can manipulate them to increase the chances of your post to be displayed in search results. You can get suggestions by checking "related searches" to the post your'e about to publish on google.
6. Interlinking of Blog PostsInterlinking related post is an effective SEO techniques to increase your search engine ranking. It's like a vote by you on the quality of your site. Your old posts will still have a good number of readers if they're interlinked properly with the newer posts. Instead of leaving them in your blog's archive, interlink your posts using anchor keywords.
Also Read: Top 60 High PR DoFollow Directory Submission Sites
White Hat SEO Techniques To Enhance Blog Traffic