Also Read: Showing Post Title Before Blog Title In Search Results
How to Add Custom Robots Header Tags In Blogger
How to Disable Right Click On Blogger - Stop Copy Paste
How to Add Automatic Read More to Blogger
- Goto your Template
- Click on 'Edit HTML'
- Using Ctrl+F keys, search for <data:post.body/>
- Replace the second <data:post.body/> you find in your template with the code below
- Also search for the tag </head> in your template
- Copy this code below and paste 'above' </head>
How to Customize Auto Read more in Blogger
- In the first code, to change the text to be displayed, change the highlighted readmore to your desired text.
- To change the number of characters to be displayed when there is no image in the post, change the highlighted value 490 to your desired value.
- To change the number of characters displayed when there is an image in the post, change the value 400 in the code.
- To increase the sizes of the images in the post snippet, modify the values 160 for the height and 180 for the width.
- Still in your Blogger template, search for ]]></b:skin>
- Copy any of the codes for your preferred style and paste 'above' ]]></b:skin>
- Finally, Save your template.
How to Change Post a Comment Text In Blogger
Following the steps above on how to make all posts in blogger homepage displayed with an automatic "read more" button and a thumbnail, on viewing your blog, the auto read more has been added. You don't have to go through the process of manually adding the <!--more--> tag to create jump breaks in your posts.