1. Remove the time from your post - Most likely, your blog will be ignored when it comes up in search results because the post might be viewed by visitors as outdated and not current enough even though the post is still relevant.
2. Use your keywords as anchored text when linking internally - Anchor text tells spiders what the linked-to page is about. Links that say “click here” do nothing for your search engine visibility.
3. Let your post be easy to share using social share buttons - With share buttons at the right locations on your blog, (below post or floating share button on the side bar) you can increase your blog traffic when the post is shared to social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn, and others.
4. Don't be obsessed with your blog's pageviews - Avoid using automatic bots to increase your pageviews. You'll always hear "content is king". Spend more time writing quality content and what is in trend.
5. Dont copy and paste - Apart from the satisfaction derived from having loyal readers, avoid plagiarism, copying word for word even the images. If you must refer to sources, edit the post, with keywords at the appropraite places. Give credit to the source(s).
6. Learn from top bloggers - Here, you can Get more tips for blogging which will make the entire learning process easier and help you manage your blog effectively. Don't see them as your competitors, get help when necessary, it'll do your blog a lot of good .
7. Write as often as possible - If you can, daily or after a few days. Search engines love blogs that are updated regularly, keep your blog fresh. Keep in mind, it's not the number of post you have on your blog that matters but the quality each.
8. Don't relent your efforts - Blogging to you might look like a waste of time if there's no meaningful traffic or quick cash, but it'll pay off at the end if you're patient. Most successful bloggers passed through this phase. As a new blogger, concentrate on good content. Write about what you love and know, also blog for fun.
Also Read: How to Use Google Webmaster Tools For SEO
Remove Old or Deleted Information From Google Index
How to Submit Your Blog to Bing Webmaster Tools
9. Get quality backlinks - Apart from quality content, quality backlinks matters. Having high pagerank sites that point to your blog can increase your blog traffic, reduce your alexa rank, and in turn increase your pagerank. Remember, 5 high pr backlinks could be worth more than 10 zero pagerank backlinks.
10. Include a site map - A site map helps spiders find all the important pages on your site and index them. This is especially helpful if your site has a hard-to-crawl navigation menu.