How Does the Facebook Invite Friends Button Work?
As you would've already guessed, each time a person clicks on the 'invite friends button', it displays a Pop up screen that allows the user to invite as many friends as they can to like your Facebook Page.
They can invite as many as 50 friends (which is the limit) at once to like your page.
Benefits of the Facebook Invite Friends Button For Blogger
Look at it this way:
If out the 50 people invited per user, 20 reacts positively by actually liking or following your page, and other visitors on your site do the same and get almost the same result,
This will increase the number of followers on your Facebook Page and within a short period of time.
Other than an increase in followers, you also get an increase in blog traffic.
Using this invite button can help in increasing the Fans on your Facebook page and bring more traffic to your site each time your blog post is shared on the page.
The posts can be clicked on, liked, commented on and reshared by more people.
Also Read: 'Link to This Post Widget' For Blogger
Customized Labels Cloud Widget For Blogger
How to Add the Facebook Invite Friends Button to Blogger
Include this Facebook Invite Friends Button widget on your blog so that your readers can also invite their friends to like your page directly from your blog.
Here's how to do it:
1. Create a Facebook app by Going to Facebook Developer's Page.
2. You must be a registered developer before you can gain access to this to create apps on the page. To do this, click on the Register button on the top right corner.
3 Next, Click on 'Apps' tab, then select 'Create new app'.
4. Enter a name of your choice for the app and also an identifier(optional), Select your app's category from the drop down menu. Then click 'create'.
5. You'll get an app Id, copy the ID into a notepad or text editor
6. Still on the Facebook developer's page, click on 'app page', and then go to 'settings'. Select 'Add a new platform' and then click on 'Website'. Fill the spaces appropriately with your URL and also mobile URL of your site, and then save your changes.
7. Do the following:
- Goto your blogger dashboard
- Click on 'layout'
- Then select 'Add a gadget'
Before you save, edit the code by replacing the app ID in the code with your 'app ID' which you copied from Facebook developer's page. Also, edit the 'Facebook page URL' in the code, replace it with yours.
/*Facebook Invite Friends Button CSS http://www.detutor.com*/
font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif !important;
border:solid #3b6e22 1px !important;
border-bottom:solid #2c5115 1px !important;
padding:6px 6px 6px 6px !important;
border-top:solid #98c286 1px !important;
text-decoration:none ! important;
/*End CSS http://www.detutor.com*/
message: 'Invite your friends '
<span class='MD_fb_invite'><a href='http://www.facebook.com/newsville' onclick='FacebookInviteFriends();'>
Invite your friends
if (top.location!= self.location)
top.location = self.location
- Save the gadget
10+ Best Blogger Tips and Tricks
Link to This Post Widget For Blogger
Add Stylish Custom Search Box To Blogger